Cookies are not currently enabled in your web browser. It will not be possible to keep you logged in if cookies are not enabled. Please ensure that you enable cookies before continuing.
What is KnowledgeShare
KnowledgeShare connects health care staff with their local NHS library and knowledge service. Registered users can also use KnowledgeShare to find colleagues with shared interests, helping to spread innovation and collaborate on service improvement.
NHS library and knowledge services (LKS) inform patient care, service improvement, clinical teaching and research through the provision of:
- Evidence searches
- Updates highlighting newly published health care information
- Information skills teaching
KnowledgeShare allows LKS members to:
- Request evidence searches from their LKS and find searches requested by colleagues elsewhere (where permission has been given).
- Sign up for highly targeted updates based on their professional interests
- Book onto LKS skills sessions and manage their bookings
- Connect with colleagues based on shared professional interests
To find your nearest NHS library and knowledge service search the Health Library and Information Services Directory (HLISD).
Who is eligible to use KnowledgeShare
Most NHS staff have access to a local NHS library and knowledge service (see the HLISD for local availability), regardless of profession or health sector.
NHS library and knowledge service teams subscribe to KnowledgeShare on behalf of their members in order to offer information updates, provide services online and allow access to the KnowledgeShare professional network.
Limited access to information updates is available to the general public without the need to log in.
List of library and knowledge services currently subscribed to KnowledgeShare
- Ashford and St Peter's
- Aubrey Keep
- Avon and Wiltshire
- Barts Health
- Basildon Healthcare
- Bath Academy
- Bedfordshire Health
- Berkshire Healthcare
- Birmingham Community
- Bodleian Health Care
- Brighton and Sussex
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare
- Bwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Bae Abertawe
- Calderdale and Huddersfield
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital
- Croydon Health Services
- Dorset County Hospital
- East and North Hertfordshire
- East Cheshire
- East Dorset
- East Kent Hospitals
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust (ELHT)
- East Suffolk and North Essex (ESNEFT)
- East Sussex
- Epsom and St Helier
- Exeter Health
- Ferriman Information and Library Service
- Frimley Health
- George Eliot Hospital
- Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Gloucestershire Hospitals
- Great Western Hospital
- Hampshire Healthcare
- Harlow Healthcare
- Hull University Teaching Hospitals
- Hywel Dda University Health Board
- Imperial College NHS and Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Trusts
- Kettering General Hospital
- King's College Hospital
- Lancashire & South Cumbria
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
- LKS ASE
- Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells
- Milton Keynes University Hospital
- Musgrove Park Hospital
- Newcastle Hospitals
- Newcomb Library
- NHS RightCare
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- North Bristol
- North Somerset Healthcare
- North Tees and Hartlepool
- North West Anglia
- Northern Lincolnshire and Goole
- Northumbria Healthcare
- Nottinghamshire Healthcare
- Oxford Health
- QE Gateshead
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Reay House
- Royal Berkshire
- Royal Free London
- Royal Papworth Hospital
- Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust
- Salisbury Healthcare
- Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals
- Shrewsbury and Telford
- Sir James Paget
- South Devon Healthcare
- Southampton General Hospital
- Surrey and Sussex
- Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys
- The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust
- The Warner
- UCLH Libraries
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals
- University Hospitals Birmingham (UHB)
- University Hospitals Bristol
- University Hospitals of Derby and Burton (UHDB)
- University Hospitals of Leicester (UHL)
- West Hertfordshire Hospitals
- West Suffolk Hospital
- Whittington Health
- Wirral University Teaching Hospital
- Wrightington, Wigan & Leigh
- Yeovil Academy
- York Teaching Hospital
If you would like access to KnowledgeShare, but your NHS library and knowledge service is not currently subscribed, please get in touch with them.
To enquire about prices, LKS teams should contact Ben Skinner at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust.
How do I access KnowledgeShare
Eligible members can access KnowledgeShare using their NHS OpenAthens password. All NHS staff are eligible for an NHS OpenAthens password and can register or retrieve a lost password at openathens.nice.org.uk.
Contact your local NHS library and knowledge service for help with OpenAthens.
How do I use KnowledgeShare
If you have logged in to KnowledgeShare you will see a link to your assigned library and knowledge service at the top of the screen. Here you will find contact details for support with using the system.
Who is responsible for KnowledgeShare
The health care evidence found on KnowledgeShare has been selected, categorised and summarised by staff at participating NHS library and knowledge services. Evidence is drawn from a wide variety of sources, including local publications and events, published research literature and national guidance and policy documents.
All links from KnowledgeShare are provided for information only. A link does not imply endorsement of that site and KnowledgeShare does not accept responsibility for the information displayed there.